Children & Families
Childrens Ministry Event
Date: Monday 8 April 2019
Venue: Wellspring Anglican Church, corner Grosvenor and Lord Streets, Sandy Bay
Bible stories have long been a staple of children’s ministry, but how can we use stories intentionally for the spiritual formation of children?
We’ll think theologically about stories, and how story-telling shapes our overall aims and practices of children’s ministry.
We are passionate about empowering children to grow in love and knowledge of Jesus Christ so that they can be confident in their faith and compassionate, wise, and humble leaders.
One of the crucial ages for the formation of a person's worldview and faith is during childhood and the primary years. A solid foundation here is one of the key factors in a vibrant, life-long faith.
We hope and pray that children throughout Tasmania would come to know Jesus and would follow him their whole lives.
Our mission is to support churches:
- to equip and support parents and carers to disciple their own children in the ways and words of Jesus; and
- to reach children and families with the good news of Jesus.
We want to partner with parishes to see this happen. For further information please contact our Children’s and Families’ Development Officer.
Coaching and Consultancy opportunities for children’s, youth and families’ ministry
Coaching and Consultancy are two new opportunities to maximise the ministry impact and effectiveness of parish staff and volunteers. To find out more click here.
Coaching provides: the opportunity to identify and develop key strategies for personal and ministry growth; and assistance with the implementation process.
The consultancy service provides an experienced facilitator to help parishes negotiate change or development in their children’s, youth or families’ ministries.
Parishes seeking intentional children's, youth and family ministry; and staff and volunteers who are confident and equipped to continue developing the ministry for the future, are encouraged to register an expression of interest.
- Ivy Beckwith, Postmodern Children’s Ministry
- Ivy Beckwith, Formational Children’s Ministry
- Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson, Give them Grace: Dazzling your kids with the love of Jesus
- David Helm, The Big Picture Story Bible
- Beth Edington Hewitt, Captivating Children’s Sermons
- Timothy Paul Jones, Family Ministry Field Guide
- Sally Lloyd-Jones, The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Lucy Moore, Messy Church.
- Lucy Moore, Messy Hospitality
- Paul Moore, Making Disciples in Messy Church
- I. Packer and Cary Parrett, Grounded in the Gospel
- Jay Payleitner, 52 Things Kids need from a Dad: What Fathers can do to make a lifelong difference
- Wayne Rice, Engaging Parents as Allies
Light (Scripture Union) (Also available at Koorong)
http://www.max7.org/en A great collection of curricula, multimedia, lesson plans and more. All free!
http://here2stay.org.au/ A site devoted to helping churches think intentionally about discipling young people and children, so that their faith survives transitions from childhood to adolescence, an from adolescence into adulthood.
https://fulleryouthinstitute.org/stickyfaith A site devoted to encouraging churches to integrate children and young people into a thriving church, and to equip families to instil faith in their children.
https://growingfaith.com.au/ A site for parents and families to develop home-based faith formation practices and Christian parenting.