Report Abuse

Professional Standards for the Protection of Children and Adults against Sexual Misconduct

The Anglican Diocese of Tasmania takes all complaints of sexual misconduct very seriously.

We are committed to a transparent culture of safety for all people.

The Director of Professional Standards receives and deals with information and complaints of sexual abuse or sexual misconduct by members of the clergy and church workers in Tasmania.

The Director is as independent as possible from the Diocese but is paid by the Diocese.

The first step in making a complaint is to call 1800 017 286 and talk to the Director or leave your name and phone number on message bank so that the Director can contact you as soon as possible.

You can write to the Director:

Director of Professional Standards
Anglican Diocese of Tasmania
GPO Box 748
Hobart TAS 7001

Alternatively, you can complete the form below and the Director will get back to you as soon as possible.

In responding to a complaint, we will:

  • Listen
  • Offer a support person and assistance to access counselling and to report to the police
  • Investigate (following submission of information or a written complaint)
  • Institute internal procedures regarding the offender
  • Invite an application for a Pastoral Support and Assistance Grant in cases where the complaint is substantiated

Our Professional Standards Committee formulates and reviews policy and practice and advises on child protection and safe ministry for the Anglican Church in Tasmania.

Report Abuse within the Anglican Church in Tasmania, complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please enter a message.
Please check the captcha to verify you are not a robot.

Who do I contact for support for sexual abuse?

Southern Tasmania – Sexual Assault Support Service (SASS)

  • 03 6231 0044 (BH)
  • 1800 697 877 or 1800 MYSUPPORT (24/7)       

North and North West Tasmania – Laurel House

  • 1800 697 877 or 1800 MYSUPPORT (24/7)  

Who do I contact to report sexual abuse or sexual harassment within the community?

Police: 131 444

Child Protection: 1300 737 639

Gateway: 1800 171 233 (Mon-Fri 9-5)

Mandatory Reporting in Tasmania

If you are an adult and have knowledge, a belief or suspicion of child abuse or neglect you have civic responsibility to report this to Child Protection Services or a Gateway Service. People in certain occupations have a legal (mandatory) obligation to report.