Thursday 28 February 2019 – The Anglican Bishop of Tasmania, The Right Revd Dr Richard Condie will lead a special celebration and ordination service at St David’s Cathedral Hobart, at 10am on Saturday 2nd March.
“This Saturday our Church is gathering to celebrate the goodness of God and to witness the ordination of four people as Deacons and three as Priests,” said Bishop Condie.
“All seven people are capable leaders who will contribute to our long-term vision to be a church for Tasmania, making disciples of Jesus. It is especially encouraging to have gifted young people ready to serve God in this way. I have no doubt they will be a blessing to the communities in which they live and serve,” he said.
• Mark Barry commenced recently as Community Pastor with the All Saints Network in Launceston;
• Linda Chau serves in the Parish of Wellspring in Sandy Bay with the Chinese language congregation;
• Alistair Crouch is the Assistant Minister at St George’s Church, Burnie; and
• Christopher Ochs works in theological education and is a leader in Barney’s Anglican Church in North Launceston.
• Revd Jacob Crane, Associate Minister at St David’s Cathedral, Hobart;
• Revd Tristan Dallas Assistant Minister at St George’s Church, Battery Point; and
• Revd Samuel Green, Interfaith Chaplain at the University of Tasmania.
The ordination service begins at 10am, Saturday 2nd March, at St David’s Cathedral, Murray street, Hobart.
Media representatives are welcome to attend and record any part of the service.
The Bishop and a couple of Ordinands will be available for interview at 12:30pm on the front steps of the Cathedral, after the service.