The SCC Coordinator plays a vital part in making the Diocese a safe place for children and vulnerable people. The role encompasses the following areas:
- Oversight of compliance with the relevant Ordinances, Canons, policies and legislation.
- Development and maintenance of communication between parishes and the Diocese.
- To facilitate and coordinate training in various key areas.
- To develop resources to support the Diocese to be a safe place for children and vulnerable people.
- To negotiate with the ChildSafe organisation about their product’s capacity to meet the needs of the Diocese.
- To manage the development and implementation of resources and training in response to the Royal Commission’s 10 elements necessary for creating a Child Safe Institution.
- Oversight of the strategic development of several significant aspects of SCC.
The full Position Description is here.
The Diocese of Tasmania is a ChildSafe organisation.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the position description and CV to email@example.com. Applications close 1 February 2019.