Anglican Parish of Quamby, Tasmania
Location: Carrick, Hagley, Westbury
(approximately 30 minutes west of Launceston)
Job Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 20 November 2021
Our Vision: To know Christ and to make him known. Three Churches united as one Parish.
We are a rural parish with three centres of worship, at Carrick, Hagley and Westbury. All centres are about half an hour’s drive west of Launceston.
The Parish hopes, with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit, to regain its place as a robust focus of the Anglican faith in the heart of Tasmania as it has been in the past and hopes to be well into the future. To achieve this the Parish recognises that it needs a Priest who is full of energy and with charismatic personality able to attract the young and older people back to the church.
The Parish of Quamby follows the Lectionary and uses the Hymn Book, Together in Song, and A Prayer Book for Australia. We rejoice in our Anglican Sacramental and liturgical heritage as an expression of the gospel.
We look forward to a future with a Priest who follows in this role but we also encourage other service types – Youth services, Messy Church, Café Church etc. The Parish has two Liturgical Assistants.
We would like a Rector who can creatively and energetically lead us making our vision a reality and in reaching the generations not currently part of our church. We need someone who will see what we can become, under God, as well as what we currently are.
- Our Priest will be a highly motivated leader who has effective people and communication skills with all ages, a person who is empathetic, approachable, and inclusive of all.
- A spiritual guide with a pastoral heart and the ability to lead a new vision to create disciples.
- We welcome a Priest who will work with the Parish Council, listening and forming opinions based on fact and an understanding of the needs of the Parish.
- A Priest with commitment to lead outreach to children, families and young people and able to develop a rapport with rural and farming families; who understands the seasonal call that farmers have and who can respond to issues within the community as they arise.
- A person who can constructively manage the process of change in the Parish, encouraging everyone along on the same journey; with sound administrative understanding of change management, helping people to engage and adapt.
- Our Priest will value ongoing training and support and mix well with other Christians in the community.
Bishop Richard Condie, the current Bishop, wants making disciples of Jesus to be at the core of everything we do. He also highly values training and support for church leaders – this includes each ministry leader in the Diocese having a coach/mentor, being in a cohort with others at the same life/ministry stage, and money and time given from the parish for professional development each year.
The current group of clergy/ministry leaders (about 80 in total) meet together twice a year and are highly supportive of each other in gospel partnership.
Find out more at the Anglican Diocese of Tasmania website.
- Information about stipends and allowances in the Diocese is found here
- Housing or a housing allowance will be provided
- Appointment will be subject to fulfilling Safe Church Communities requirements, including a Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Card and completion of a satisfactory Safe Ministry Screening Check.
How to apply
Please send applications including a resume, a response to this parish profile, and 2-3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November 2021.
For further information, please contact Mr James Oakley, Diocesan Registrar, by email at email@example.com or by phone on (03) 6220 2019.