Full-time starting 2019
Come and join God’s mission in Tasmania!
Would you like to come and join a great team of church leaders, working together to fulfil our shared vision to see A church for Tasmania, making disciples of Jesus?
The Rector of Burnie parish is an excellent opportunity for someone who will be a key regional leader in the next few years.
Please pray and seek God if you think this might be you.
Bishop Richard Condie
We are a multi-generational church, situated in the Burnie-Somerset region of the North West Coast of Tasmania. We are seeking a Rector who will share our mission – to know Christ and make Him known – in our Burnie Community.
Burnie is a city by the sea. It is nestled around Emu Bay in the North West of Tasmania. With a population of approximately 19,000, the City of Burnie is an important and well-equipped regional centre that provides services to the surrounding region. Burnie is a great place to live.
Our Parish consists of one worship centre, located within the CBD, with two Sunday services (one traditional, one contemporary) and a midweek service. Our average weekly attendance is over 100 adults and 20 children.
The position of Rector represents an exciting opportunity for someone who feels called to lead us in our mission. This is a full-time position for a person who is ordained within the Anglican Church. The Rector will be supported by an assistant minister and will reside in our modern Rectory (built in 2014).
We are seeking a Rector who has the following attributes:
- A servant leader who follows the example of Jesus
- A good teacher with sound Biblical knowledge
- Mission minded (making disciples)
- Values the diversity of the two Sunday congregations (traditional & contemporary)
- Effective communication skills with all ages
- Excellent people skills and a pastoral heart
- Open to learning
- Ability to use and develop the skills of the congregation
- Ability to train an assistant minister
- Administrative and financial competency
- Having the age and energy to commit to leading our Parish well into the future
Appointment will be subject to the applicant fulfilling the Safe Church Communities requirements of the Diocese of Tasmania, including having a Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Card.
For more detail please see the Parish Profile.
Applications close on 14 September 2018.
For enquiries for the position of full-time Rector of the Parish of Burnie, contact:
Mr James Oakley
Diocese of Tasmania
GPO Box 748
Hobart, Tasmania, 7000
Tel: 03 6220 2019