Launceston City Mission has a job opening for a General Manager. This is not a position with the Anglican Diocese of Tasmania.
City Mission is a leader in Community Services in Tasmania, a rapidly growing accredited organisation and an Employer of Choice.
They are seeking an innovative, qualified, and experienced General Manager Corporate Services with outstanding leadership capabilities to join the Leadership Team. As well as a voice into organisational strategic planning, you will be responsible to ensure the development and implementation of systems that offer high quality and cost-effective support to all parts of the organisation.
Essential Selection Criteria (Qualifications/Experience):
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Relevant Degree (Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent)
- Experience in developing and achieving assigned tasks within an organisational strategic planning framework.
- Strong commercial and financial management, understanding, experience and capability.
- Experience with property negotiation, leasing and management.
- Sound risk management and organisational insurance understanding.
- Excellent skills in outcomes reporting, budgeting, and financial modelling
- Demonstrated track record in continuous improvement, system development and change leadership.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products and accounting software (inc. MYOB)
- National Police Check is required for all roles at LCM.
- Working with Vulnerable People Card or willingness to obtain.
Desirable Selection Criteria (Qualifications/Experience):
- Experience or demonstrated capacity to work in an organisation adopting a Christian ethos.
- Experience with and the ability to prepare commercial documents and tenders Capability in the preparation grant funding applications and networking with philanthropic bodies (highly desirable)
- Experience in presenting financial and commercial information at a high organisational level e.g. leadership teams or Boards (internal & external)
- Professional membership of relevant professional body (CA, CPA, AICD)
Primarily the General Manager Corporate Services will be responsible for overall executive leadership and management of all corporate services demonstrating a commitment to innovation, continuous improvement, and excellence. This includes functions such as finance, information technology, payroll, procurement, office accommodation, fleet management and physical resources.
This role will also lead a high performing and client-focused Finance, ICT and Administration team that supports the provision of high-quality corporate services, advice, financial and management information for all City Mission client and social enterprise services throughout North and North-West Tasmania.
The General Manager will establish a comprehensive procurement framework and contract management system that generates efficiencies through preferred supplier agreements and simplification in payment and administration systems.
The position requires the employee to oversee outsourced business partnerships, and develop working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and managers of other service areas within the organisation.
This is a full-time salaried position. As a Public Benevolent Institution, LCM employees are eligible to Salary Package through our approved provider.
If you have a passion to work as part of a welcoming team in a caring compassionate environment, knowing that our success will be directed towards individuals and families affected by homelessness, addiction, and other associated problems, we encourage you to apply.
Please send your written application addressing the selection criteria and your ability to effectively perform the primary tasks above to the Manager People & Culture, City Mission, PO Box 168, Launceston, or upload it to the SEEK website.
Applications close on Monday 12 July 2021 at 9:00am.
If you, or someone you know, would be great in this role, please encourage them to apply: https://www.seek.com.au/job/52529183?type=promoted#searchRequestToken=084f500d-ee52-4a73-ae27-fdab1d3ee20d